Baltimore is such a miserable city, most of the time. Honestly. Every other light pole has a gang tribute from a shootout, the graduation rate is plummeting, and, "Believe" stickers to the contrary, the city doesn't seem to be improving much.
However, I really like the city in the spring. More so when it rains. It's an indecisive rain, sputtering showers mixed with hazy drizzle. It softens the city. Everything is grey, so the uniform concrete concrete concrete is so much less glaring. The edges blur a little, and the city gains some personality. Granted, it's a sad, fading, ex-Rosie-the-Riveter-and-now-a-tatooed-retiree type personality, but still. It's an improvement.
And there are some really pretty flowers coming up in my neighborhood. In between the memorials sprayed and taped to the billboards and telephone poles.
Sorry for the odd post--it's been a weird week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So are you going to keep living in this particular area of Baltimore or will you be moving elsewhere? Because unless I am gravely mistaken, you're now entitled to both a Master's of Education and are therefore on your way to join the horde of long-suffering, caffeine-fueled maniacs to whom we have entrusted the collective rearing of our young.
Yah, I'm 2 weeks from my MAT...and I'm staying here for next year, at least.
Post a Comment