I am now not certified enough to handle PowerPoint printouts. Seriously. I'm not allowed to touch them. So says Baltimore City. And all of you guys without teaching cerification--you're in the same boat. NO PowerPoint for you.
Yeah. That was my thought, too.
Apparently, BCPSS is now SO anal about HSA testing that they won't even let non-teachers touch the PowerPoints discussing how to proctor the exams. Because, God forbid, we might get *ideas*. I nearly died trying not to laugh when I heard this gem.
Bonus point: the reason I was attempting to gain access to the forbidden fruit of proctoring PowerPoints is that my mentor teacher--a proctor--was absent. Soooooooooo...she now has no idea where she's supposed to be (the schedule was in the document), who she's working with (also in the file), or when she's supposed to do stuff (once again, in the document). And I'm laughing my ass off as I sit in the teachers' lounge with nothing to do until 12:30.
Let's hear it for No Child Left Behind and assorted other jackassery. And let's hope this and the other stupid administrative/policy mistakes don't screw over the kids. (Too much.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe if you sealed the Powerpoint printouts in lead (thus preventing even Superman, who, last I checked, does not have teaching certification either, from getting his hands on it), they'd let you take it. Would that be suitably ridiculous to let you get them?
(Rumor has it that a letter may have been mailed in your general direction from Jena. If you should find evidence that this has, in fact, happened, let me know.)
Post a Comment