Friday, May 30, 2008

Giddy

It's almost summer, school is winding down, my kids are actually taking to both poetry and Romeo and Juliet, my Hopkins diploma is on the table at home, the SMC kids are all meeting up for Josh's birthday tonight, and Alex is coming down to visit tomorrow!

Seriously, I feel like I'm glowing. Everything seems to be going so well. School is over (for me) and going well (for my kids). That feeling that I might actually have taught something and helped someone appreciate literature more? Yeah. It finally hit. And with it comes the sense that I might not fail miserably next year.

Socially, things look rather amazing. The Hopkins people still meet up and go out, which is a good sign for the summer. Not all of us are going to stay in touch, but it's reassuring to hear the ones I like speaking of "next fall" and "next winter." They're honest people, both with themselves and the rest of us, and wouldn't try to continue friendships they didn't want. (This is good news, since I always wonder if people are planning on being there the next week, let alone in a year. Yay, validation that people actually do like me. And yay, slowly expunging stupid high school era insecurities.)

This weekend will be a blast. DC with SMCers! We haven't actually met up off campus in a while. *Happy noises* Plus, Alex is visiting! (*extemely happy noises*)

I'm not normally a terribly chipper, cheery person, but things are going swimmingly and I plan on grinning like an idiot for the rest of the month.

2 comments:

JHA said...

It's nice to know that Happy Mairead is in the building. Let the hilarity commence!

Jeremy said...

/cheer