Take that, ETS! After all that freaking out about the Praxis II, I got my scores back. Of course, ETS couldn't do things the normal way and just send me my scores. They sent me this cryptic certificate telling me I had scored in the top 15% on the content exam (the "if it was published, we can test it" exam). Great--that tells me I passed, but what about the Pedagogy exam, where I prove that I can both BS bad essays and (maybe) come up with actual methods of instruction?
I got those scores today. I passed Pedagogy with decent marks--highest end of average. However, my Content scores were a surprise. I wouldn't describe them as top 15%, at all.
I got a perfect score.
Delirious? You bet. I don't care that this test determines nothing but that I am certifiable (to teach, as well as in general.) This proves to me, if nobody else, that all those hours spent reading nonsense books, all those times I spent curled up with some obscure bit of writing rather than going out and socializing, all those times I blew off something "important" (like a dance) for a book, all those times I told myself that it was okay that I was by myself, reading...they were all worth it, because I apparently know things.
Of course...it might just also prove that I wasted a lot of time and all the people who DID have lives in high school got the next highest scores while the losers hog the top 1%. But hey, I'll take it anyways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations, Mairead! Well done! (And I call perfect "top 15%." After all, you're in the top 15% if you're at rank #1, right?)
Here's to those of us who spend too much time reading!
Post a Comment