Tuesday, February 5, 2008

In which I shall state the obvious

So, I complain a lot. (*waits for the shocked response to subside*) Especially about things I really care about. (*again, the waiting*) All this is a big lead up to deciding what the bloody hell to do with myself next year.

Do I flip out about public education multiple times per day? Yes. Do the kids raise my blood pressure 500%? God, yes. Do I want to stay in education? Uh...yeah. Yeah, I think I do. I've started keeping a class journal of 3 positive and 3 "needs improvement" comments for every period. There are a lot of stellar moments. There are a lot of wonderful moments where a kid's face lights up, and I know they GOT it.

Of course, those are balanced by the moments of bitter disappointment as something falls through, the administration screws something up, or (all too frequently) I figure out what I *should* have said about a second too late.

Nonetheless...I think I want to stay in Baltimore, too. I've got an early hiring interview on Wed., and we'll see if the system wants me. (And we'll see which schools want me...that'll play a bigger part.) I'm only 25% sure I'm doing the right think, and 15% sure I'm doing so in the right place, but we'll see. I mean...that's a small possibility of not being totally wrong, right?

Wish me luck...

1 comment:

JHA said...

Good luck, m'dear. Wow them with your leet skills and all that. And take comfort, for I want you to know that if all else fails, you can always work for me. I'll hire you as a combination nerdy secretary, sexy bodyguard/assassin and all around lackey. I pay well too – every year, I'll give you a bridge that you can do whatever you want with. As the commercial value of bridges is rather high at the moment, you'll be swimming in money in no time at all. I'll even give you the first year's sallary in advance...