Monday, November 1, 2010

Knitknitknit.

A question, fellow nerdlings: are you still as nerdy as you were in college?

I ask as I think I may be dangerously close to normal. Video gaming is no longer a serious occupation -- knitting and cooking replaced it. It's not nerdy knitting, either -- less Cthuluclava, more shawl. It's been a few months since my last RP session -- we just don't know many RPers, anymore. And that's actually okay.

Real life does sort of suck the joy out of once-fun stuff. Somehow, a video game that includes doing boring crap to make ends meet and going through checklists of arbitrary tasks someone assigns you for no particular reason seems awfully similar to work. (Though I might enjoy work much more if it did actually involve stabbing things. Just saying.)

Who knows? Maybe nerd levels will normalize eventually. For now, though, I'm going to continue using my free time to knit coasters and granny sweaters.

3 comments:

JHA said...

My nerd levels are decreasing also, though I never played much in the way of video games (and don't have a console, so it'd be hard to do anyway). I still read nerdy books though!

JHA said...

I'm not really upset by this, mind: it seems to be part of the natural order: you grow into some hobbies and you grow out of them again (and possibly, later on, back into them again). That doesn't make the hobby juvenile or anything like that, just something you did at one time in your life

Jeremy said...

RP problem solved! BOOM!