Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Really? REALLY?

So, I found an awesome job! The Army needs a Technical Writer and Editor. So...putting things in functional, readable English. With benefits! And a not entirely terrible commute!

...Except for a few slight snags.
1. The email address they want my resume sent to is not working.
2. Neither is the office phone number.
3. In fact, the phone number does not seem to be connected at all.

This may indicate bigger problems than just a failure to employ people...see, the department I'm applying to is the Army Communications Division. You know...the guys who communicate. Apparently, the guys who communicate via non-functioning email and phone systems.

Your tax dollars at work.

And now, in conclusion, grr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad. Maybe they all took the day off for mourning.

Oh, and thanks for the suggestions. I take it you couldn't come up with a clever title, either.

JHA said...

"'Army...intelligence.' That mean anything to you?"
"Yeah, sounds like a contradiction in terms!"
"Grab him, Joe."

~ Rocky and Bullwinkle