Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer? Summer. Summer!

...It's summer. School's out. I survived a year at one of Baltimore's 5 perpetually dangerous schools. Arguably, my kids learned things. Now they can forget, and go back to being hooligans in time to go turn some other idiot's hair grey next year.

Why, yes, I am incredibly worried about them and really kind of wishing I could go back next year. How well you know me. If I bitch, I care. ()

Pertinent stuff:

1. I have a life again!

2. Said life is consumed by job apps, panic attacks, packing boxes, unpacking boxes, falling over boxes, trying to remember where I put the rest of the boxes, and boxing boxes into obeying my will. (I usually lose.) All my books are packed, my bookshelves are disassembled, and my professional clothes are next in the packing queue. Good riddance.

I still have no idea how to pack some items, namely my plants. My back porch has slowly but surely turned into a rainforest, and, considering the time and evergy I put into those damned chorophyll farms, they are NOT remaining in Baltimore. (And those tomatoes better be delicious when they arrive, dammit.) (Plus. They're pretty. I like the pretty plants.)

3. We have a moving date! Truck is going up the 2nd, and on the 3rd there's a party in Princeton to celebrate the near-simultaneous removal of the Alex, the Tim (his squatting roommate), and Beelzebub. Uh, I mean, the bird. (Sorry, B. No disrespect.) If you can make it up to Jersey, please come. If not...we'll have a housewarming party at the Somerville place at some point, once we've unboxed some chairs and figured out where the beds are.

2 comments:

JHA said...

Sweet. Good luck with the move and quit panicking – stuff will work out if you just keep pressing on.

Anonymous said...

If you need help, let me know. I can do weekends (except this one) and Wednesdays.

Congratulations on survival, by the way.