OK, so things may not be as bad as they seem, at least in some arenas. Certification is looking like a pretty total lost cause, but Mom and Dad came up with some interesting alternative paths. I'd looked at paralegal jobs, but they all made mention of some paralegal certificate that I do not have and never plan on getting.
Apparently, though, you don't really need one, since it's a general training course and most firms want to do at least some training themselves. As an added bonus, there re a ton of large firms in Newark, since it's close to NYC but not as expensive. So, I may just skip even applying for mst education jobs and go that route.
Who knows? Maybe I'll somehow become a heiress and none of this will even be a problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
...so, I'm not about to knock legal jobs, particularly as I'm legal bitch *extrodinaire* right now...but, you can do better.
Paralegal is a 2 year course, and if you're looking down that path, you might as well get the law degree.
Further, you're totally qualified to be a legal assistant....but it's the same as a glorified secretary.
I don't mean to be a downer, but....forewarned is forearmed.
Apply where you can and let luck do the rest. I'm glad to hear that your spirits have rallied, at the very least.
Post a Comment