Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring!

My thesis is due in less than a week. I have nothing done.

Seriously. Nothing. I have all the materials, all the planning, but no writing. Hence, it's 4 am, and I've just pulled my 2nd all nighter in a row. Nice to see I've learned from my past mistakes.

As weird as it sounds, things are going pretty well. Everything's uncertain at best -- things with the boyfriend are not going well, it's fucking impossible to get ANYONE in ANY educational system to call back, my thesis is due soon, etc, etc -- but somehow I'm okay with it. It's spring, it's getting warmer, my roses are blooming, and my figs are putting out leaves!

Clearly, everything will be fine. Worst comes to worst, I'll at least have figs.

5 comments:

JHA said...

That's the spirit! So what if we're going to hell in a handbasket? At least we're going cool and relaxed!

Figs, you say? I am intrigued. Where did you get these figs that are now putting out leaves? (I assume, moreover, that they also have some branches and possibly bark – otherwise, you might want to exhibit them in a freak show of some sort.)

Mairead said...

Yeah, they're entirely composed of levitating leaves and fruit. Pretty cool, hm?
I actually got them from Ed's Plant World, which is right on the way to SMC. The name tickled me, so I stopped in.

JHA said...

Any store with the name "**** world" in it is bound to be a little funny. I'm waiting for the day I find a store called "Joe's Gaming World" – 'twill be an epic day.

Mairead said...

What if it's a globe store? Joe's World World? Does that violate some principle of logic, or just taste?

JHA said...

No, then it should be something like "Crazy Joe's World of Worlds." And Joe would have to act like a sleazy car salesman: "Now this globe was owned by a little old lady who only checked the location of Anatolia once a week..."