I gave in and read the Twilight series. Hrm. It was...not as offensive as I was expecting, though hardly brilliant. However, I did keep thinking about Robin Bates, and his claim that book cravings/obsessions indicate what the reader subconsciously needs at that moment.
So, I figured it out: this craving for sappy romantic fantasy has nothing to do with wedding stress and the determination that love and marriage are fundamentally incompatible, nor with feeling isolated, nor with being someplace I don't want to be, nor with feeling like I'll never see Alex again regularly (we're in different time zones, and have been for the past few weeks). The Twilight obsession is actually due to my determination to move someplace cold and rainy, and to get a really big dog. REALLY. BIG. DOG.
Logic = flawless. I'm going to go curl up with cup of coffee and my new, shameful addiction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I still respect you. Sort of.
Post a Comment