So, I'm done with surgery. Cool part: I got my veins burned out by lasers that superheated my blood to burn the veins out! Bad part: See above.
I could smell the burn. There's nothing quite like smelling yourself burning.
Things are healing well (I think). At least, everything itches furiously, which is supposed to be a sign that things are knitting back together. I'm still waddling when I walk, but fixing that's going to be a 2-week process.
And my principal gave me an extra day off (today) so I can heal. Which I spent trying to get my certification (fail).
Fun part: on the way home from Monday's surgery, I read ended a BMW. It was a tap. My car is completely unharmed, and there's minimal scratching on the BMW. Thank god I had enough sense not to announce that this was probably a lapse in judgement due to the surgery meds. And lesson learned: I made Alex drive me on Tues.
See you guys on Fri/Sat! I have a loaf of homemade challah that wants to add "Served as delicious French Toast" to its resume, if that's any help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad to hear that surgery went well. Sounds like your accident was pretty much the same as mine a week or so ago (except I was the one who was rear-ended).
Although, you have now provided evidence as to your condition at the time of the accident. Hopefully the other guy decides not to hire a lawyer.
Might one ask why you needed said futuristic surgery done? I'm glad to hear that everything went well, in any event.
My leg veins are Le Broken. The little valves that prevent blood from just flowing back to my feet are demolished.
Funny thing is, the valves reminded me eerily of pinball flippers. I kept trying not to giggle as the doctor explained things, since all I could hear is, "You're a bad pinball machine! Your flippers are made of FAIL!"
I don't think anything will beat the time my friend and I got rear-ended by someone in the Greek mob.
The guy's son owned a Greek restaurant notorious for alleged connections, and he was pretty adamant about no cops but just to forward the bill if we needed to or come in for a meal.
Post a Comment